Indian Education system changes have been phenomenal after framing the Constitution of India. According to the fundamental rights ” Cultural and Educational rights” the govt. of India had set up NIOS(National Institute of Open Schooling) to provide education to all heterogeneous sections of society. Following the footstep of NIOS, BOSSE(Board Of Open Schooling & Skill Education was set by from an initiative from Government of Sikkim as an open school Gangtok under Act No.14 of 2020.BOSSE has been granted the same status by NIOS, though been a private institute.
Table of Contents
- Overview of NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling)
- Overview of BOSSE(Board of Open Schooling & Skill Education)
- Benefits of BOSSE (Board of Open Schooling & Skill Education)
Overview of NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling)
NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) has aimed to provide education at a pre-degree level to those who want to learn. NIOS was set up in 1979 and under the National Education Policy of 1986, it started strengthening the education system in India through the open board and giving chances to various types of candidates like private candidates, school dropouts, females, and males who want to learn. This noble initiative has certainly increased the literacy rate amongst the Indian population. This open learning system is based on the formal education system and is supported by Govt. recognized degrees and certificates. National Institute of Open Schooling enables continuing education till the pre-degree level. Its main objective is to provide equal just to all with the universalization of education in this ever-evolving society. NIOS being the Govt. body is at par with BOSSE whose aims are the same cumulative.
Overview of BOSSE(Board of Open Schooling & Skill Education)
BOSSE-Board of Open Schooling & Skill Education is a multi-faceted institute that provides open school learning & Skill Education. It also aims to educate all within the heterogeneous group who wishes to learn, for example, school dropouts, discontinuing school education for some financial or cultural or geographical issues, Disadvantaged groups, underprivileged section of society, early marriages or employment responsibilities & minorities, etc. BOSSE is open format School that promotes learning and evaluation and is recognized by the statutory governing bodies in India for higher education. BOSSE has always encouraged learning with freedom and flexibility. Students are provided special assistance in terms of career counseling, study materials for learning, special visual aids, and special teaching assistance to students for solving their related queries. BOSSE degree certificates NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling), AIU (Association of Indian Universities), and the formative learning is based on the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) NIOS syllabus.
Benefits of BOSSE (Board of Open Schooling & Skill Education)
- Strategic planning and promoting open school initiative program;
- Learners are empowered with pre-degree schooling to decide whether to go for higher studies or not;
- Simplifying education for all the heterogeneous groups of the society with special emphasis on the weaker, differently able, minorities, and marginalized sections of the society.
- Varied variety of courses supported by adequate course materials and proper guidance from teachers concerning continuing vocational education and life enrichment curriculum and courses at a pre-degree level.
- To focus on skill development by way of introducing self-learning material along with vocational education and training, promoting open basic education, senior secondary education, etc.
- To conduct examinations and award certificates or degrees to pass out candidates.
- ODL-based supervision of examinations, monitoring and assessment and evaluation, and fair and transparent marking.
- Promote education for all missions and make India more self-reliant and interdependent in all sectors of the economy.
Therefore we understand that BOSSE is a medium of formal education that aims to educate all the sections of society to make India empower with education and can be more self-reliant. Open school format is a chance for those people who have not got the opportunity for regular schools but have an aptitude for education and make themselves more skilled and upgraded. BOSSE has taken the initiative to educate differently able students, school dropouts, and minorities’ weaker sections of society irrespective of caste and creed. The Govt. of India has also acknowledged the initiatives taken by the BOSSE, despite being a private institute.